Thursday, October 8, 2009

So You Want to be a Parent?

As I've started working at a tutoring program, I have noticed a few things. But one thing I have noticed in particular... there are too many bad parents in the world. There are parents that seem to never teach their children respect, discipline, or even just the difference between right and wrong. I understand there are cultural differences, and socioeconomic differences, but kids really deserve better. I think the government needs to start issuing tests or preparation programs for people who want to be parents. In order to control who is really taking it, children will not be admitted into the school system until their parent(s) have completed and passed this course. I also know there are different parenting styles, but the main facts remain the same. Kids need to know not to talk bad, they need to respect authority, they need to know not to hit people, and so many things that seem like common sense are just lost from so many kids. So parents, please, for the sake of the world, put a little effort in raising your children. I mean, after are, the children are our future. So, treat them well and let them lead the way! (thanks Whitney)

No comments:

Post a Comment