Monday, October 12, 2009

You Only Get One Face

As I started off fall break Friday afternoon, I took a trip to the mall with my mom and my sister. My sister and I made our way to the Christian Dior counter so she could stock up on make up. We were greeted by a middle aged, perfectly groomed, eyeliner and eyeshadow wearing, extremely knowledgable, if he stood still would look like a manequin, sales assosiate. After my sister purchased her makeup, he turned to me and asked, "So what about you? (My double quote key has just stopped working, urg.) So I told him Well, I don't wear make up. He replied, what about skin care? I told him I washed my face... with walmart olay facewash... He shook his head and simply said You only get one face.

I realized how right he was. Not about the skin care or makeup, but about life. You only get one shot, one life, one chance to enjoy it, one face. So why not go all out? Why not get the nicer car, order extra cheese on your pizza, ride your bike in the park on a Sunday afternoon? Why should we cut back on things that will make us happy, or only get things that are necessary for survival? Of course, this must be within reason. I am not saying go out and buy everything you want, quit school, eat cookies all day, and just wander around. But don't deprive yourself of something you want just because it is five bucks more or has a couple hundred extra calories. Live your life, don't just glide through, but really live it. After all, you only have one face.

No comments:

Post a Comment