Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Latisse - The Future?



When I saw this commercial, I was shocked. Is this really the extent women are going to these days to look different? Are longer eyelashes really worth having your eyelids turn dark and your eye color turn brown? And if they really want people to buy this product, is this the best advertising they got? This also reminded me of the Dove campaign, and how true it really is. The world is so pressuring for girls, and now our eyelashes have to be a certain length?

I think the best thing would be if every woman completely stopped wearing makeup, fake eyelashes, and "latisse." If everyone stopped, it might be weird at first, but eventually it would be the normal. We would save the next generation. There would be no more pressure, no more expectations, and everyone would be natural, and beautiful just the way they are. Maybe if we start trying to reverse all the things society has created, eventually things will go back to the simple days. Maybe Twelve year old girls won't be wandering the mall in mini skirts and glitter eye shadow, ten year olds won't be on facebook, and eight year olds won't have cell phones.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. And I love the Dove campaign. Hmm, guess I need to stop wearing makeup then :)

    ReplyDelete