Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Perspective

When it's been one of those days that you're so stressed out, you can't see the end of all the things you have to do, and you have no earthly idea how you are ever going to get everything done... all you need is a little perspective.

First of all, breathe. Stressing about something does not make it any easier.
Second of all, things will get done. You just have to take it step by step.

and most importantly...

Even if you have 5 big tests tomorrow, 27 projects, and 12 papers to write, at least you are getting an amazing education. Some people in the world are stressed out because they don't know what they are going to feed their family of 8 that day for dinner. Some people in the world have just had their homes taken away. Some people in the world are living in the middle of war and are worried about making it through. So I say, if my stress comes from all the things I have to get done to get my education at SMU, I think I'm going to be okay.

It's all in the perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Thank you for putting that into perspective for me on a very stressful day!

    ReplyDelete