Saturday, November 7, 2009

Forced Insight?

If you have to think about things to blog about, are they still as insightful?








For some reason, lately, I've found it harder to find something to blog about. It's like the first 20 entries drained me. And I feel bad because this should be getting easier, and it should just come naturally. Plus, this shouldn't be about counting entries. It seems like with so many other things going on, things that require just a certain type of thinking, there isn't enough room left for creativity. It becomes more about making room for creativity, when it should just come to us. So many of our classes, for example, accounting, is just formulaic thinking. I find that when I do things like that all day, it makes my thinking less creative. So by the end of the day, I'm not thinking insightful or creative thoughts, I'm just tired and don't want to think at all anymore.







Sometimes at work, I work at a children's tutoring/after school care organization, I color with the kids or do arts and crafts, and that kind of thing is what takes away from that straight line thinking. I've noticed that if you give kids a sheet of paper, they automatically start filling the page. If you gave an adult a piece of blank paper, they wouldn't know what to do with it. They would ask you what you want them to do, what they should draw, or what the paper was for. Kids seem to have things always in their mind just ready to come out on paper. One day I gave a few kids some construction paper, and they built a miniture house, tree house, and a whole set of buildings. I think the outside world puts a restriction on thinking. The business world, and so many jobs are based on straight line thinking, formulas, and spreadsheets. The walls need to be lifted. I've decided I need more artistic and creative moments in my life to let myself relax and release stress from formulaic thinking. So, here is a start.
























No comments:

Post a Comment